3.09.2003

Hm. Wrote this on Friday, forgot to post. Now, it's a little Sunday treat. Exciting, no?

STARTING…

Well, my friends, thanks again for the votes. The decision was split right down the middle, 2 to 2. (Okay, that’s not really that many votes. But, hey, for a blog without pictures, we’re not doing so badly here.) As we have a tie, I have decided that the fairest thing to do will be to start both. Heh. Watch how I’m going to justify this now. The Cabled Raglan, until I get to the cabled raglans (from which the sweater derives its name…) is just stockinette. Quick knitting, yes. Exciting, no. Therefore, the raglan will be my watching tv or carrying on a conversation project. Moll, meanwhile, will be my more exciting project, with cables happening here, there and everywhere. Pretty nifty reasoning, no? And how about this: just so little Shriek wouldn’t feel bad for not getting any votes, I decided to knit a swatch for it, too. Yep. I asked for help on choosing one, and instead, I seem to have begun all three. Although, maybe a swatch doesn’t count as starting. That’s what I will tell myself. I feel better already.

I cast on for the raglan last night. I know it has been said before, but Cash Iroha is really nice to knit with. Slides very nicely over the needles, no splitting. Casting on was troublesome, however, since my screwy adaptation of the long tail cast on seems to cause the yarn to lose its twist and break. Any suggestions for improving that? The problem seems to lie in the way I loop the yarn in my left hand.

BLOG NEWS

Exciting though this may not seem, I signed up for DSL yesterday, as well. Why do I mention this? Because getting DSL at home is phase one of my plan to get pictures on the blog. Can you bear it? Coming soon, to this blog, images of such finished projects as Market Squares Tote, Seed Stitch Pullover and Sleeveless Turtleneck!

STRANGE ADDICTIONS

Oh, god, I don’t even want to think about the Google hits that one is going to get me. (Note to self: make headings sound less depraved.) But anyway, I have high hopes for the weekend knitting. Why, you ask? Because I have become completely hooked on watching tv shows on dvd. Not The Sopranos, or Sex in the City, though. No, I am curiously addicted to Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I just don’t get it. I have never watched an episode on television. I never really got the hype. People who made sure they were home on “Buffy Night” weirded me out a little bit. But now, on dvd, it is fascinating. I just don’t understand. Maybe it’s just because Spike is so delightfully evil. I don’t know. But, it makes for good knitting time. And so, this weekend, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Cabled Raglan and Moll. Should be nice. Have a good one, everybody.

No comments: