3.14.2003

DSL!

Yes, my friends, today is the day that my DSL dream becomes a reality. I have the modem. My friends at the telephone company assure me that my connection has been turned on. I just have to go home, pop in the install cd, and away we go. Posting from home. Oh, yeah. Of course, I do know one person who, in the install process, managed to trash her computer completely, but I trust that this will not happen to me. She is not what I would consider technologically savvy, while I, except for my complete lack of html ability, am sort of okay. Oh, god, Murphy’s Law now demands that my computer explode during installation process. Dang.

While we’re on this techie subject, allow me to tell you my theory about how owning a PDA would completely revolutionize my fiber organization. On second thought, best not. The dear boy is already mocking me mercilessly for this new fascination; I probably should not spread a wider net for ridicule. So let’s talk about other things, like how

I AM STRANGELY FASCINATED BY THE SOUTH.

Yes, I am. I am an Oxford American-reading, Uncle Tupelo-listening dixophile. (Yes, I just made the word “dixophile” up. As in, one who is enamored of all things Dixie. Got a problem?) And I think I have mentioned previously my strange desire to use the term “y’all.” One of my new, brilliant plans for the future involves moving to Austin, Texas and doing something that is not public relations, my current career track. Obviously, the plan still needs to be refined. If anyone out there has some observations or suggestions about Austin or some other fabulous city south of the Mason-Dixon line, I would love to hear them. Be my enabler.

AND FINALLY, THE SUBJECT I HAVE BEEN AVOIDING

Er… knitting. Yes. Well. I did some cabled raglan last night. Really. Just not very much. You see, I ended up almost completely sucked into the Buffy the Vampire Slayer watching. It’s so embarrassing. But, well, Angel was pretending to have turned to evil in order to force Faith to show that she was the evil mayor’s stooge… This isn’t translating all that well, is it? It just sounds bizarre. Well, it is bizarre, but in a sort of good way. Really. Okay, I’ll do more tonight. Right after I set up that DSL…

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Wow! You are the only one on the whole internet that had a definition for dixophile. Someone else used a similar term (dixophiliac) and your definition makes sense so a great big thank you for that!