4.24.2003

NOT FOUND!

And now, my friends, we come to the part of the blog in which I ruminate on the internet and the way it affects how we all think. I will address, more specifically, the 404 error message.

Now, I read quite a number of blogs each day. I like seeing what people are up to and reading about what they’re thinking and doing. A lot of personality comes through, along with the knitting, and I feel in some way attached to these individuals. And so, when I click over to a site and am met by the dreaded 404 error message, I become instantly concerned. “Oh dear,” think I, “I hope so-and-so is okay.”

This is actually what I think. Am I crazy? Chances are, the 404 is completely unrelated to said blogger’s personal well-being. I’ve had my own site come up as not found when I was just hanging out, enjoying a hot beverage. I really ought to be thinking, “Oh, I hope Ye Olde Webhosting Company in Skokie, Illinois is okay. I hope some server crash hasn’t caused the archives of my daily read to be lost forever.” And yet, this bizarre transference. Further evidence that proves I am crazy. And you just had to read it. I’m so sorry. I should really place some sort of randomness filter on this site. For everyone’s safety.

SEAMING MY CABLED RAGLAN MAY KILL ME

The heading sums it up. There’s nothing more to say, really. I joined the raglans, but the long, arduous seaming of the sides and sleeves remains. Will it never end?

In other knitting news, I started the front of the sleeveless shell. I was sorely tempted to start something new, but I knew I would never pick the shell up again if I put it aside now. And so I will finish the shell first. I am a knitter with a will of iron.

No comments: