4.15.2003

CLEARING THE DECKS

Well, my friends, things are moving along. I did indeed seam the Serendipitous Cardigan this weekend. Nice job, self. Thanks to everyone who took a moment to share your finishing wisdom, it was much appreciated. As I had feared, the Circus yarn did make the process a pain, but the fuzziness closed in around the seams and rendered them nearly invisible. All in all, the seams look pretty damn good. The verdict on Serendipitous? It’s a little baggier than I had hoped. I think it will be more useful as a jacket sort of item, rather than the wear-to-work cardigan I had hoped for. Live and learn.

Cabled raglan is coming right along. I have a little more cabling to do on the final sleeve raglan, and then it’s all over but the finishing. Finishing will probably wait until the weekend, because that is the sort of person I am.

And so, Koigu scarf is done, Serendipitous is done, the completion of cabled raglan is imminent… what now? Well, I should probably get right back on the horse with the cabled sleeveless turtleneck. You know, not let the tragic frogging keep me down. I think that Shriek, another sleeveless top made from Rowanspun DK, is clamoring for attention, too. But, beyond those, there are not so many stash projects on the horizon. I am catching up with my stash. So. What did I go and do today? Yes, I bought some yarn. And why? Because

I CANNOT RESIST A BARGAIN

I swear to you, at some future time, when I am aged approximately 92, you will see me down at the dollar store, scooping up hideously scented blueberry votive candles by the dozen, just because they are cheap. I can see that I will be that sort of person. It’s so sad.

Today, in my daily blog crawl, I came upon the news that Elann had Jaeger Chamonix on sale. Well, I thought, how good a sale? 47% off, as it happens. And that is good enough for me. Yes, I got enough to make a cabled sweater from Jaeger 8. But it gets worse. I do not have a copy of Jaeger 8. Where could I get one? Perhaps KnitPicks? Yes, KnitPicks came through. While there, I was unable to stop myself from checking the weekly sale. What was on sale? Rowan Cork. Just what I need! I tell you, I am mentally sick. I need help. Can someone recommend an addiction counselor?

And the worst part? This is all winter yarn. Soon, I will need summer yarn. Oh, it is a horrible downward spiral. The coffers of my stash will be full once again. Excuse me now, please, I have to go hang my head in shame.

No comments: