4.10.2003

NO TIME TO BLOG, MUST KNIT.

Wow. This blog has gotten pretty boring lately. Anyone reading out there? No? Well, I brought it upon myself. Fact is, there’s been a dearth of updates here because I’ve been knitting a fair amount this week. Over the weekend, I cam e to the realization that I have some lovely late winter/early spring projects on the needles that need finishing before the weather here in Connecticut turns to hot, humid and hazy. And so, I got down to business.

Koigu scarf is done. Hooray! I’ve been wearing it this week, and it is lovely. It makes me want to make something else from Koigu, just maybe not as repetitive as a scarf. I love the shawls I have seen on other blogs, but I think I lack the discipline to complete one. Such a shame.

Serendipitous cardigan is done and blocked. Seaming awaits. I loathe seaming, so I am putting it off for the weekend, allegedly so I can work on it in natural light. Yes, my justification skills are developing nicely, thank you very much. I made the cardigan in Artful Yarns’ Circus, a very fuzzy boucle. I can’t decide if the fuzz factor will help the finishing, in that it will disguise the potentially bad job I will do, or if it will make it harder, in that I won’t be able to see what I am doing and do a truly hideous job. Very stressful. And yet, I must overcome. I will be strong. If anyone has any seaming tips for this stuff, just call them on out.

Cabled raglan is coming along. Front is done. Sleeve one is scheduled for completion tonight. Sleeve two is scheduled for commencement tonight. Moving right along here, folks. No screwing this one up now! (Having said that, I am now doomed to rip out four inches of cable tonight. Will I never learn?) I am hoping to finish it this weekend as well. Maybe it will be a part of the grand seaming party with Serendipitous. (Two finishing projects? I may be driven to drink this weekend. Please ignore any sloppy, rambling blog entries that may appear. Thank you.)

Cabled sleeveless pullover is frogged. Curses! I had a tension issue. For some reason, when I switched from knitting to purling on the wide ribs, I was getting a column of loose stitches. It was bad enough that it seemed to warrant ripping, making another practice swatch, and starting over. I really like this sweater… so I would like it to come out nicely. I will not start again, however, until the seaming madness is over. Some discipline must be maintained.

And that’s the story, my friends. No time to be amusing. Must knit. Knit like the wind. Yes.

No comments: