2.11.2003

WELL, SHOOT.

I submitted myself to the ring. There it is. Little pat on the back. Nice work, self. And then, this morning, I checked the little blog to see if I could surf the ring from my site. (I can’t. Guess this takes a little while. Or perhaps my html code is wrong. This is always a distinct possibility. Dang.) There I discovered (someone cue the eerie music, please) that I had a comment. Yes, my very first comment. I nearly fell out of my chair. And since I was covertly checking the site from work, that would not have been a good thing. Note to self: learn to be a touch more blasé about site comments.

The most exciting thing about this comment? It introduced me to a site I had not yet happened across, Have a Cup of Tea. Welcome, Kim. Thanks for reading. Your blog is a lovely place.

And so now I am filled with this tremendous sense of well-being. I am blogging. Others are finding the site. (But how? How? I seem to be in no ring. Do you have second sight? Is there something I don’t know about locating knitting blogs?) I actually may be becoming a part of an online community. Crazy.

In a bizarre aside, I actually had a dream last night in which I checked out the site and had about 14 comments, all correcting grammatical errors from my posts. Hm. Curious. And probably not healthy.

THE OBLIGATORY PROGRESS UPDATE

Another excellent side effect of blogging is that I seem to knit more, knowing I will be reporting on my progress. Therefore, I finished the front of the sleeveless turtleneck last night while watching The Wings of the Dove. The Wings of the Dove is a beautiful movie, my friends. It made me want to go to Venice. And, though I say it myself, the sleeveless turtleneck should be a beautiful sweater. The yarn is very soft, with a really nice loft. Knitting with it is a pleasure. I will cast on for the back this evening. On the screening agenda is The Shipping News. I loved the book, and I hope the movie will not disappoint.

No comments: